I need to bake some cookies or bars for the St. Bernadette Bake Sale that runs along with the 'largest rummage sale" in the valley.
Need to bake this afternoon.....any ideas?
XOXO Love you too Mama!! You are definitely on the right track with cookies or bars. While the WCM loves to make fussy desserts, a bake sale is not the right place. Cookies can be a great medium for creativity and going gourmet. Shortbread recipes, for example, are an easy vehicle where simple technique meets a world of delectable possibilities. While we definitely support doing something that's easy to execute, push yourself to create a new and fun flavor profile. Wow those rummage salers!
The Muses did a quick chat and picked out a few of our fave recipes. These are our suggestions.
- Ina Garten's Lemon Bars. We are not just suggesting lemon bars...we're suggesting Ina Garten's lemon bars. Oh we love you, Ina!
- ECM's fave Chocolate Chip Cookies via Savory Sweet Life
- Gourmet M&M cookies using the WCM's fave Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Ginger Walnut Biscotti via the lovely Freelance Muses ;)
- "Nutritious" Oat Bran Brownies
- Pecan Squares. Ina again.
Also, we have to give lots of cred to the cookie queen, Martha Stewart. You should definitely peruse her delicious cookie recipes to see if something strikes your fancy.
Hope that helps!